- Brent Scrivner, RMT
- Chanel Jorsvik, RMT
- Juliet Ghodsian, ND
- Kyla Mccaig, RMT
- Monica Cleland, RMT, BA
- Stacey Spring, RMT
- Michael Scottnicki, RMT
- Reta Nitti, RMT
- Alison Ritchie, Osteopathic Practitioner
- Jennifer Keene, RMT
- Marie Arcand, RMT
- Maya Bleiler, BHK, RMT
- Liz Schaeffer, RMT, BA
- Mai Holmes RMT
- Laura Schroeder, RMT
- Amin Aghvami, RMT
- Ana Yu, RMT
- Ashley Fowler, RMT
- Will Wells, RMT
- Cara Marks, RMT
- Brian Kushniruk, RAc
- Rebecca Lash, RCRT
Ashley Fowler, RMT
My goal as a Registered Massage Therapist is to break your pain-tension cycle as fast as possible. My approach to Massage Therapy is client-based – meaning, every massage is tailored to your specific needs. For this reason, all massage appointments include assessment, hands-on massage therapy, and self-care exercises and/or lifestyle modifications to improve, restore or enhance physical function. Together, we will develop a treatment plan that aligns with your functional goals.
For your first appointment expect a longer assessment time of approximately 15 minutes. This allows me to fully understand areas of restriction, spasm, imbalance, pain, and impairment within your body. The last 5 minutes of treatment is spent going over a recommended treatment plan including home-care
to be performed between massage appointments. Assessment time and home-care time is then shortened for subsequent visits as long as your treatment goals remain unchanged. I recommend booking a 75-minute appointment for your first visit and adjusting treatment time thereafter depending on your needs.
Treatment Modalities and Techniques
I am trained in deep-tissue massage, myofascial massage, sports massage, Swedish relaxation massage, abdominal massage, and customized therapeutic massages consisting of the following techniques:
- Hydrotherapy – the use of hot and cold to stimulate local or systemic reflex responses
- Neuromuscular Techniques – techniques that affect resting tension of muscles and have additional psycho-neuro-immunological effects
- Frictions – a deep technique used to break apart adhesions and to realign muscle and connective tissue fibers
- Connective Tissue Techniques – techniques that lengthen and promote remodelling of connective tissue
- Joint mobilizations – the gliding and distraction of a joint capsule to restore decreased range of motion, to increase joint nutrition, to relieve pain, and to reduce muscle spasm
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation – an advanced form of stretching that utilizes the contraction and relaxation of target muscles which temporarily inhibits protective guarding of a muscle group, allowing for a deeper stretch
I graduated from the Vancouver College of Massage Therapy with Honours in 2018. The program consisted of approximately 2000 in-class hours and 550 hands-on hours. I gained experience through my internships working with sport teams, cross-fit gyms, elderly homes, children hospitals, safe-houses for women, and recovering addicts. A few conditions I’ve helped manage include: work-related upper back and neck tension, stress, headaches, low back pain, rib irritation, thoracic outlet syndrome, carpal tunnel syndrome, sciatica, tendinopathies, chronic sprains, muscle strains, scars, bursitis, facet lock, delayed-onset muscle soreness, and much more!
I work Thursday and Friday nights, and all day on Saturdays. I look forward to meeting you :)!
For any last minute changes with your appointments please email email@example.com or call 604.732.5222.