Whether it be in the form of chocolate, candy, or pop, most of us crave sugar in some form or another. Sugar is almost unavoidable in our daily lives, and the more we consume, the more we crave. However, too much can have a negative effect on our health and well-being.
There are a few natural ways to help curb those sugar cravings:
- Protein and good fats to stop carbohydrate cravings when you’re low on energy
- Plan meals ahead of time and eat them when hungry rather than impulse snacking
- Exercise, which releases some of the same endorphins that sugary snacks do
- Get enough sleep, which helps balance blood sugar and hormone levels
- Chromium – check with your doctor first.
- B-Vitamins, which help with carbohydrate metabolism
All of the above suggestions can help to curb that desire for sugar. For more information on how to beat sugar cravings, read this article.
Vancouver Naturopathic Article of the Week
Broadway Wellness is an award-winning Vancouver Registered Massage Therapy Clinic, as well as an Integrated Healthcare Clinic, also offering services in Chiropractic Care and Naturopathic Medicine. We have been offering services in these areas in the Fairview District in beautiful Vancouver, B.C. for over ten years.