Prenatal massage is much more than an opportunity to get off your feet. While this is a welcomed opportunity for most expectant mothers, here are some therapeutic advantages to seeking out massage therapy.
The list of possible discomforts that can arise with pregnancy is a lengthy one and each expectant mother is affected differently. As the uterus and the abdomen expand, and the body changes with a growing child, the body is put under new stresses which can be physical, mental and emotional. Through the hands of a Vancouver RMT, these symptoms can be relieved to allow for a happy and healthy continuation through pregnancy. Outlined below are some of the ways a massage therapy treatment can help:
- Reduce Swelling – improve circulation and decrease edema and swelling in the extremities
- Relieve Sciatic Pain – reduces inflammation and pressure around the sciatic nerve in the low back
- Reduce Stress Levels – increased feeling of calm, helps to minimize headaches, improves sleep
- Reduces Pregnancy Complications – lower risk of premature delivery
- Pain Relief – reduces muscle cramps by increasing flexibility
- Improves Overall Health of the Mother – lower risk of hypertension, varicose veins, acid reflux
Compassionate touch is important to incorporate into the childbearing months. For more information on Pregnancy Massage, have a look at the article: Surprising Benefits of Pre and Postnatal Massage.
Broadway Wellness is a friendly and community focus clinic with roots in Registered Massage Therapy, Naturopathic Medicine and Chiropractic Care. We have a number of very skilled Vancouver RMTs available 7 days per week looking forward to working with you in an effort to reach your individual goals. Please contact us with any questions!