Vancouver Naturopath‘s tip of the week: Emotional Eating
Trigger points are hyper-sensitive, tightened areas that can occur in any of the more than 400 muscles in the human body. These spots (or nodules) are located within taut bands in the muscle. They can cause pain, burning, stinging, weakness, numbness, and other symptoms. They have a unique property called referred pain, meaning they can hurt not only right where they are, but in other places simultaneously. Massage therapy is a wonderful resource for getting muscles back into their most healthy state. (more…)
Broadway Wellness is open for business in our new clinic space!
This exciting change has taken Broadway Wellness to a bright and shiny, new, refreshed clinic space with lots of natural light. Our new location will offer a similar convenient location but many improved amenities, including elevator access and no traffic noise pollution.
Unit 610 – 2525 Willow Street
(Willow Professional Building)
click for google map
Not far! Only 3 blocks east down Broadway.
We officially opened our doors on Monday July 9th. Please come and visit us!
Our new location is on the Southwest corner of West Broadway and Willow St. This opens up more convenient transit options such as:
- #99 B-Line bus stop – Within a block!
- #9 bus route – Right out front!
- Broadway-City Hall Canada Line skytrain station (@ Cambie Street) – Only a short walk (3 blocks)!
- Ample, affordable options:
- Across West Broadway, between Laurel & Willow on West 8th Ave (Shoppers Drug Mart $2/hr, various other lots)
- Free 1-2 hour/pay parallel parking on West 8th, 7th, Willow, Laurel
- For convenience and proximity:
- $2.75/30 min: Willow Professional Building
- $2.75/30 min: Across Willow St. in Fairmont Medical Building
Naturopath‘s tip of the week: Xenoestrogens
This week’s post features a guest piece from Broadway Wellness’ own Dr. Krista Moyer:
Foam rollers are on the rise as an effective form of self-massage treatment and self-care. You’ll notice more gyms and fitness centres are equipped with long cylindrical foam rollers. It is also an inexpensive option for you to continue muscle care at home through a number of exercises! (more…)